The building is located in an exciting transitional part of the city known as Leeds South Bank. This area was originally characterised by heavy industry but is rapidly transforming into an educational and creative hub.
Historically known as the Globe Iron Works the building has shifted and changed with the development of industry in the city. Joseph Green & Nephew used the building to produce joinery machinery from 1846 which was followed by a printing engineers, Edmund Bush & Son Ltd and most recently it was a manufacturing facility for John H King & Co producing belts and braces.
It is now run as a creative co-working space by Duke Studios offering small studios to start-up businesses as well as event space and a cafe/bar open to the general public.